- n a railing at the side of a staircase or balcony to prevent people from falling
- n one of a number of closely spaced supports for a railing
- He found a place where balusters were missing from the balustrade, crawled through, plumped 18 ft.
- On the dim stairway a shoe was hastily withdrawn from the articulate board; a girl crouched against the balusters listening.
- Turned balusters, game pieces, the little round horse bells known as grelots, cut-out paper doilies, wood paneling, views through a window, fire, a birdcage, a rifle, a tuba, a .
News & Articles
- Gone gray: Cool slate tones the next 'it' color in home design
Galvinzed pipe balusters support the handrail. Mindful gray covers the walls. Chunky chains tie back metallic zinc colored curtains. Nicole Phillippo's home is gray, inside and out. The stone façade and gray siding stands out on her block, which is a sea of warm brick and beige, in Mason's Ridge subdivision on the southside of Lafayette. 'I wanted something that's really different,' said the 36 ...
Nov. 24, 2013 - Journal & Courier