- n a narrative song with a recurrent refrain
- n a narrative poem of popular origin
- The delicate ballad from Her Majesty's Secret Service answers the question, What would it sound like if Louis Armstrong met Burt Bacharach? It sounds good.
- Unlike most country singers, Womack knows that ballad singing isn't an Olympian test of lung capacity.
- The Grand Trunk of the Order of Elephants produced a new ballad last week.
News & Articles
- Day recognized for musicianship
Andrea Day, a seventh-grade student at Foothills Middle School, was recognized for her “outstanding musicianship” during the John Moawad Jazz festival at Central Washington University last month. Day, the daughter of Jack and Lisa Day of Wenatchee, was featured as a flugelhorn soloist on the jazz ballad “As If to Say Goodbye” with the Foothills Middle School advanced jazz band at the competition ...
June 12, 2013 - The Wenatchee World
- Videos: (@JeanBaylor) Jean Baylor - Father's Song (Tribute To Fathers)
Jean Baylor releases a touching ballad for Father's Day aptly titled "Father's Song."
June 11, 2013 - Singersroom
- Civil Wars: Hear 'The One That Got Away'
By Grady Smith First song from upcoming self-titled album (due August 6) is a crackling, morose blues-rock ballad
June 11, 2013 - Entertainment Weekly
- Frederick Weatherly in FOXNews
The lyrics for the song published in 1913 were written by an English lawyer, Frederick Edward Weatherly, who never even visited Ireland, according to Malachy McCourt, author of the book "Danny Boy: The Legend of the Beloved Irish Ballad."
- Simon Cowell in Forbes
It's a ballad, so I think Blake will have to do his own interpretation of it,Cowell said, referring to Lewis' penchant for arrangements that include beatboxing. "That's what he does well."
- AndrÃ¡s AdorjÃ¡n in Focus Taiwan News Channel
Any band that can go from 'Don't Want to Miss A Thing' (Aerosmith's #1 smash hit) to the ass-kicking 'Sweet Emotion' to the cheekiness of 'Love in an Elevator,' to the classic ballad 'Dream On' shows why Activision chose us to headline this game... Steven Tyler http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Tyler&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEtBgAMXIcO6S1HCeTr82EVVGC3cA Play.tm http://www.google.com/url?q=http://play.tm/story/16174&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEXESKSFWz--vwUxlxTRGg1hG81gw Feb 15, 2008
7761 11068 ballade I will play Swiss composer Frank Martin's `Second Ballade, ' which will be an Asian premiere," Adorjan said at a press conference.