- n scenery hung at back of stage
- Those who live around here take immense pride in the desolate landscape that served as the backdrop for the films with the most Academy Award nominations this year, Joel and Ethan .
- Hosseini's stories are set against the backdrop of Afghanistan's tumultuous history.
- Nazi death camp provides an odd backdrop for a comedy, but Roberto Benigni makes his living playing oddballs.
News & Articles
- Venice Tickets and Showtimes
'Venice' features a fusion of musical styles from hip-hop and rock to soaring anthems of love and hope, tracing a young man's rise as he fights for what's right against a backdrop of deceit and sibling betrayal.
June 12, 2013 - New York Times
- Missguided Launched Its Latest Global High Summer Campaign Using the Hedonistic Backdrop of Ibiza
Shot on the sun-drenched Balearic island of Ibiza – an enviable backdrop for its hard-hitting exclusive summer collection, Missguided’s latest summer campaign personifies exactly w
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Sintra, Portugal, like a castle in a kaleidoscope
SINTRA, Portugal (AP) — With sunshine bathing its multicolored facades against a backdrop of deep blue sky, the Pena Palace in Sintra is like a castle seen through a kaleidoscope.
June 11, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn in The Age
The global financial crisis, that might now be called the 'great recession', provides a sobering backdrop to our conference,IMF managing director Dominique Strauss-Kahn told delegates at an anti-crisis meeting in Tanzania.
- Jeff Zucker in Reuters
This is an extraordinary story for NBC against the backdrop of this economy,Zucker said in a statement released over the weekend.
- Harold McGraw III in International Herald Tribune
The results of the overall survey "reflect the broad crosscurrents at work in the US economy," McGraw said. "Our CEOS clearly have tempered their overall expectations against a backdrop of continued housing declines and mounting energy...