- s causing inconvenience
they arrived at an awkward time
- a lacking grace or skill in manner or movement or performance
an awkward dancer
an awkward gesture
too awkward with a needle to make her own clothes
his clumsy fingers produced an awkward knot
- s difficult to handle or manage especially because of shape
an awkward bundle to carry
- s not elegant or graceful in expression
an awkward prose style
- s hard to deal with; especially causing pain or embarrassment
awkward (or embarrassing or difficult) moments in the discussion
an awkward pause followed his remark
- s socially uncomfortable; unsure and constrained in manner
awkward and reserved at parties
- She thought it was awkward.
- It has a flow and an intimacy that the often awkward theatrical version lacked.
- The other parallel is Bush's awkward first hours of handling a crisis.
News & Articles
- 'Awkward' Mid-Season Trailer -- Watch Now
Beau Mirchoff asks Ashley Rickards a tearful question in the mid-season trailer for Awkward. “They go through a large event together, the whole crew does. Something goes wrong, and they might not be able to…” Beau, 24, told TVLine. He added, “Who knows if they’ll be able to stay together after it? I’m not saying [...]
June 14, 2013 - Just Jared Jr.
- Awkward, This Is Not What Texts Look Like
Last night's Awkward strained credulity on two fronts. One, there's just no way Jenna would cheat on Matty. (Who would cheat on that handsome doofus? No one.) But more egregiously, this is not what text messages look like.Come on, Awkward! You're on MTV! You're supposed to be hip and with ... More »
June 12, 2013 - Vulture
- 'Awkward' Midseason Trailer: Tough Times Ahead for Jenna and Matty
(MTV) How are you all doing out there in Awkward land, folks? Have you recovered from last night's shocking midseason finale, which featured Jenna giving into her romantic tension with transfer student Collin and engaging in a full-on make out session just steps away from boyfriend Matty. Oh em gee. Fans will have to wait until the fall to see the second half of Awkward 's third season, but from ...
June 12, 2013 - Zimbio
- Gary Busey in USA Today
I simply greeted both actresses with joy and open arms, which is the way I would greet anyone I'm happy to meet,Busey said. "Everyone has experienced a handshake or hug which has turned awkward, and this was no different."
- Gwen Ifill in FOXNews
We have an awkward history about how to talk about race in the nation and in newsrooms,says Gwen Ifill, senior correspondent for PBS' "The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer" and author of "The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of...
- Alex Rodriguez in Los Angeles Times
The age difference might be a little awkward, but in today's day and age anything is possible,Rodriguez said.