awe : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration
he stared over the edge with a feeling of awe
- n a feeling of profound respect for someone or something
- v inspire awe in
The famous professor awed the undergraduates
- But the awe part comes in his 50s when he settled into a deism based on what he called the "spirit manifest in the laws of the universe" and a sincere belief in a "God who reveals .
- I need awe in my life.
- Reverence and awe aren't democratic virtues.
News & Articles
- Grand Isle residents say waterspout the biggest they've ever seen
Monica Hernandez / Eyewitness News Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @mhernandezwwl NEW ORLEANS -- Eyewitness described it as frightening and awe inspiring, and many snapped photos and video. The funnel cloud caused some minor damage. Part of the roof of a camp has been ripped off after the spout landed near a neighboring camp, while dozens of people marveled at the size and power of the ...
June 20, 2013 - WWL-TV, Channel 4 New Orleans
- W.Va.:?A place where mountains touch heavens and dirt leads to home
Fifty years ago, I was on the outside looking in. A young man in awe of a state knit so tightly and beautifully - a place whose people are so closely connected but welcomed me and shared their treasured home.
June 20, 2013 - The Martinsburg Journal
- Dolphins Enjoy the Splendor of California
From the unconventional and awe-inspiring to the hilarious and heartwarming, here’s a look at some of the most interesting photos, videos and stories that have our newsroom talking today. What’s capturing your attention, filling your inbox and cluttering your Facebook/Twitter feed? Tweet us the stories you’re talking about using #InstantIndex or...
June 18, 2013 - ABC News
- MatjaÅ¾ Kek in Premier League FanHouse (blog)
We are a little disappointed to lose a lead like that, but we must be pleased. Slovenia has not come to the World Cup because of luck but because of our endeavours, and we should not stand in awe of anyone,said Kek. "We lost our...
- Barack Obama in Mirror.co.uk
Mr Obama said: "The sheer improbability of this victory is part of what makes D-Day so memorable. Long after our time on this Earth has passed, one word will still bring forth the pride and awe of men and women who will never meet the heroes who sit...
- Jennifer Hudson in International Herald Tribune
In her acceptance speech, Hudson gushed: "I'm just in awe right now. ...... I would like to thank my family in heaven and those who are here today."