authorisation : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a document giving an official instruction or command
- n the power or right to give orders or make decisions
- n official permission or approval
- n the act of conferring legality or sanction or formal warrant
- Alberto Gonzales in BBC News
The president has determined not to reauthorise the Terrorist Surveillance Programme when the current authorisation expires,Mr Gonzales wrote in a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee.
- Edward Kennedy in guardian.co.uk
The defense authorisation is about dealing with the challenges of terrorism overseas ...... This [bill] is about terrorism in our neighborhood,said Senator Edward Kennedy, the chief Democratic sponsor.
- Miguel Angel Moratinos in Sydney Morning Herald
The prisoners themselves who wish to return would have to apply for authorisation to return, but that does not exclude the possibility of their returning,said Moratinos, who added that Havana said it would not confiscate the property of the...