- n an inspection of the accounting procedures and records by a trained accountant or CPA
- n a methodical examination or review of a condition or situation
he made an audit of all the plants on his property
an energy efficiency audit
an email log audit
- v examine carefully for accuracy with the intent of verification
audit accounts and tax returns
- v attend academic courses without getting credit
- The audit charges that the CPA left large portions of the $8.
- An audit of military body armor concludes that 16,000 sets have to be recalled because of deficiencies in the way they were tested.
- Something to ponder as you sign your tax return: audits are back with a bite.
News & Articles
- Audit committee member resigns
Cumberland County's audit committee will need a new member after one of the committee members resigned prior to Tuesday's meeting.
June 19, 2013 - Crossville Chronicle
- Audit finds deceased school treasurer stole district funds
A state audit has found that a former Tippecanoe Valley school treasurer embezzled more than $300,000 from the district.
June 19, 2013 - WNDU 16 South Bend
- Audit: Lawmakers need to define school readiness
Audit: Lawmakers need to define school readiness Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 4:17 pm, Tuesday, June 18, 2013 COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — State lawmakers must define "school readiness" and establish pre-school testing to better determine which children most need help and boost ...
June 19, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Tod Leiweke in NESN.com
We've made a tough decision today,Seahawks CEO Tod Leiweke said in a release. "It became apparent after conducting an extensive internal audit that a new direction was needed to provide an opportunity for the organization to be successful....
- Edward Leigh in New Statesman
The NAO has a statutory right to examine the details of expenditure in any Government department. It has no such right of audit access to the BBC, despite the fact that the Corporation is funded with over Â£3bn of public money each year,Leigh...
- Andrew Bacevich in Sydney Morning Herald
And Bacevich concludes: "Since [September 11, 2001], the US has undergone such an audit and been found wanting : Between what President Bush called upon America's soldiers to do and what they were capable of doing loomed a huge gap that defines the...