- r with one leg on each side
she sat astride the chair
- r with the legs stretched far apart
- Organized medicine is slowly, deliberately hoisting young Birth Control astride its broad old back.
- It was of a Palestinian gunman astride the local office of the European Union.
- To India's impoverished youth, Sehwag is the man of clay astride the mountain of the gods.
News & Articles
- Dewel column: A modest start for Baraboo's zoo
It has always seemed a little ominous, the 19th century brick house standing lonely astride a hill in Baraboo’s Ochsner Park. Shrouded by trees and bushes, it helps to wall off a wolf habitat on the east. To the south of the aging house of some note, it backs up to a small zoo.
June 10, 2013 - Baraboo News Republic
- Vice President Dick Cheney in New Yorker
On Fox News on January 14th, Cheney warned of the possibility, in a few years, "of a nuclear-armed Iran, astride the world's supply of oil, able to affect adversely the global economy, prepared to use terrorist organizations and/or their nuclear...
- Adm William Fallon in New York Times
The Horn of Africa sits astride one of the most critical sea lines of communication in the world,Admiral Fallon said.
- Edwin Black in The Spokesman Review
The Spokane area sits astride a major natural gas pipeline,Black writes in an Oct. 20 posting on The Cutting Edge. "But Honda refused to sell even one car or any home refueling devices despite months of efforts. School officials were in...