- n a murderer (especially one who kills a prominent political figure) who kills by a surprise attack and often is hired to do the deed
his assassins were hunted down like animals
assassinators of kings and emperors
- n a member of a secret order of Muslims (founded in the 12th century) who terrorized and killed Christian Crusaders
- Japanese who assassinate their Premier, always from the most patriotic motives, now enjoy such popular clat that the Orient marveled last week at the excessive modesty with .
- The President of Mexico sat facing an assassin who had just murdered the President Elect.
- Six months ago a poor sidewalk artist of Mexico City strolled into the great cafe La Bombilla, and assassinated President-Elect Alvaro Obregon (PTI, July 30).
News & Articles
- Ubisoft explains why multiplayer naval battles won't be featured in ACIV
Assassin's Creed director says Ubisoft experimented with naval warfare multiplayer mode, but studio could not get it to "good enough level."
June 19, 2013 - GameSpot
- Vince Flynn, author of Mitch Rapp thriller series, dead from cancer
By Alex Dobuzinskis LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Vince Flynn, the best-selling author of the Mitch Rapp series of political thrillers that includes "American Assassin" and "The Last Man," died on Wednesday at age 47 after a battle with prostate cancer, his representatives said. Flynn, who turned to writing as a way of fighting his dyslexia, died at a hospital in his hometown of St. Paul, Minnesota ...
June 19, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Ubisoft has three ‘Assassin’s Creed’ games currently in development
Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot tells Kotaku that there are three 'Assassin's Creed' games in development right now. The company hopes to continue to avoid franchise fatigue by giving its studios the time and freedom to innovate within the series.
June 17, 2013 - Digital Trends
- Darryl Stingley in Forbes
In 1996, they were supposed to meet for a TV appearance, but Stingley called it off after being told it was to publicize Tatum's book: "Final Confessions of NFL Assassin Jack Tatum."
- Marc Forster in Hindu
He is an assassin, he is a secret agent, and that reflects a certain lifestyle, which is lonely,said Forster.
- Chris Paul in NBA.com
I call David West the 17-foot assassin,Paul said.