- n studies intended to provide general knowledge and intellectual skills (rather than occupational or professional skills)
the college of arts and sciences
- n the products of human creativity; works of art collectively
- n the creation of beautiful or significant things
- n a superior skill that you can learn by study and practice and observation
- n photographs or other visual representations in a printed publication
News & Articles
- Arts ed in Iowa discussed
The arts have a place in the Iowa Core, according to Rosanne Malek, Iowa Department of Education consultant.
June 19, 2013 - The Fort Dodge Messenger
- Arts and culture was fastest-growing philanthropic cause in 2012
In terms of donations, arts and culture was Americans’ fastest-growing charitable cause in 2012, rising an estimated 7.8% to $14.44 billion, according to a leading annual research report on charitable giving.
June 18, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Seattle Arts and Lectures appoints Ruth Dickey new executive director
Seattle Arts & Lectures has appointed a new executive director. It’s Ruth Dickey, director of Cincinatti’s Clifton Cultural Arts Center. In a press release, the organization cited Dickey’s programming and fundraising abilities, saying she raised $2 million for capital renovations f
June 18, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Sid Ganis in BBC News
Karl lived a rich, full life,said Academy president Sid Ganis. "He has the greatest and most loving family; a career that has spanned the spectrum of the arts from theatre to film and television, to some very famous commercial work."
- Alan Rosenberg in FOXNews
His long and quiet devotion to advancing literacy, the arts and humanities on a national and local scale deserves our appreciation,Rosenberg said Thursday.
- Geir Lundestad in Sify
Together they've had a global impact on the arts and philanthropy and will be excellent ambassadors for peace,said Geir Lundestad, secretary of the Norwegian Nobel Committee, said of the Smiths.