arousal : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of arousing
the purpose of art is the arousal of emotions
- n a state of heightened physiological activity
- n awakening from sleep
- n mutual sexual fondling prior to sexual intercourse
- Studies are showing that arousal and an active sex life may lead to a longer life, better heart health, an improved ability to ward off pain, a more robust immune system and .
- Studies are showing that arousal and an active sex life may lead to a longer life, better heart health, an improved ability to ward off pain, a more robust immune system and even .
- But unlike in men, this physical arousal is not closely paired with a subjective feeling of being turned on.
News & Articles
- Woman Experiences Unwanted Orgasms In Her Left Foot
A 55-year-old Dutch woman has revealed that she experiences unwanted orgasms in her left foot, which occur without any sexual arousal. The female’s condition has never been seen before, and it sees the unnamed individual have five or six times a day, even when she hasn’t had a dirty or perverse thought. It is believed... Read more » Woman Experiences Unwanted Orgasms In Her Left Foot is a post ...
June 29, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Cosmo plans Obamacare focus for U.S. readers this fall
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Obamacare doesn't divulge the secrets of sexual arousal and won't give you the glowing complexion of a goddess. But those shortcomings aside, President Barack Obama's landmark healthcare reform law will still feature prominently in forthcoming issues of the Cosmopolitan - the sexy, gossipy, glamour magazine that boasts a monthly U.S. readership of more than 18 million ...
June 26, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Bode Miller in USA Today
Arousal-control has been an issue for me since the beginning of my career,said Miller, famous for crashing out in the technical events, especially slalom. "I was as physically and mentally fit as I could be at the Olympics. Maybe I was...
- J Michael Bailey in New York Times
Whether women describe themselves as straight or lesbian, "Their sexual arousal seems to be relatively indiscriminate - they get aroused by both male and female images," Dr. Bailey said. "I'm not even sure females have a sexual orientation....
- Mike Tomlin in St. Louis Post-Dispatch
I like the head-scratching,Tomlin said. "I go out of my way to not put them at ease. There's nothing wrong with being in a permanent state of arousal and not finding a comfort zone."