aptly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r with competence; in a competent capable manner
- The aptly named Hope, who also lectures on compassionate communication and blogs for CarePages.
- Not surprisingly, the recent economic meltdown is at the forefront of the agenda for this year's meeting aptly titled "Shaping the Post-Crisis World" which kicked off on .
- Meanwhile, another newbie, Chuao, is cranking out little pods of chocolate with crazy flavor combinations like its aptly named Firecracker, whose chipotle, salt and popping candy .
News & Articles
- Lesson of interracial marriage ban
Today is the 46th anniversary of Loving v. Virginia, the landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision that declared unconstitutional any ban on interracial marriage. More than four decades after the historic and aptly named Loving decision, the U.S. Supreme Court is once again poised to rule in a case that could put an end to discriminatory bans prohibiting marriage, this time for gay and lesbian couples.
June 12, 2013 - CNN
- A tale of two kitty faces
AMITY, Ore. — A rare two-faced kitten was born in Oregon earlier this week, according to SKY News. The two-faced kitten, aptly named Deucy, was born on Tuesday. The kitten has been examined by a vet, and appears to be …
June 12, 2013 - Q13 FOX Seattle
- TODAY Moms share homemade Mother's Day gifts
Mother's Day has come and gone, but thankfully those lovely works of art you received are here to stay.We asked TODAY Moms readers to share the homemade masterpieces they were given in honor of being the best moms on the planet. The overall sentiment made by all of these kids is aptly described in one gift featured here: You rock, Mom!
June 12, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Nancy Pelosi in Politico
Nothing more aptly portrayed the globalisation of human rights violations than the US-led 'war on terror' and its programme of 'extraordinary renditions', which implicated governments in countries as far apart as Italy and Pakistan, Germany and... Irene Khan http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irene_Khan&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEoWRYD_H_2e5LNLkdaexr6yKru7g guardian.co.uk http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,,2086299,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHTph8iqu2Njup1VXUzr7GeYcUg1Q May 23, 2007
4912 7173 aptly We've done a heavy lift, and I don't know," Pelosi told reporters. "I'll have to examine it. We'll take a look. We'll sit down together and see. What is the advantage of going first with legislation? Or would the legislation more aptly...
- Lalu Prasad in Hindustan Times
The sting operation by Tehelka aptly christened Operation Kalank (disgrace) has exposed Modi's deep involvement in the post-Godhra Gujarat riots. People now know the real faces involved in the crime against humanity,Lalu told newspersons.