- n an official who is appointed
- n a person who is appointed to a job or position
- The bill initially would have required the appointee be from the same party as the person who created the vacancy, a Democrat in the case of Kennedy's successor.
- LaHood, a downstate Republican, is the President-elect's first full Republican appointee Defense Secretary Robert Gates, a Bush Administration holdover, is a registered .
- He was a Palin appointee, and she had the right to fire him.
News & Articles
- Anaheim taps former mayor for charter committee
ANAHEIM - Along with being president of a lobbying firm that bears his name, former mayor Curt Pringle can now add city appointee to his résumé.
June 19, 2013 - Orange County Register
- Transgender candidate could become a first in NYC
NEW YORK (AP) — Mel Wymore is a typical city council candidate in many ways, campaigning as a community board appointee, ex-PTA chair and founder of a roster of local organizations. But Wymore's community-leader resume has an unusual feature: He built much of it while he was a woman.
June 18, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Cuomo's appointee wish list
Cuomo's appointee wish list Times Union Copyright 2013 Times Union. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 8:19 am, Monday, June 17, 2013 Gov. Andrew Cuomo is asking the Senate to help him put his stamp on the Workers' Compensation Board, add a former gaming tribe's lobbyist to the state Gaming Commission, and place some business ...
June 17, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Bobby Rush in ABC News
I will ask you to not hang and lynch the appointee as you try to castigate the appointer. Separate, if you will, the appointee from the appointed. Ronald Burris is worthy,Rush said.
- Bud Cummins in FOXNews
Sometimes the best position would be for the appointee to make the decision and not force the president to do so. You best serve the person you work for when you can decide that if you are a distraction that you no longer will create that level of... Mike Huckabee http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Huckabee&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEoSIK1vNSmaBjF6g8bzwLCkxvsCg FOX News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Apr23/0,4670,HuckabeeAPInterview,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEXAJN2apOYbzhlP1ZPndcv1hFH8g Apr 23, 2007
4760 7061 appointee I was contacted for confirmation that I was being ousted to make room for another appointee," Cummins wrote.