applique : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a decorative design made of one material sewn over another
- v sew on as a decoration
- Part of her huge collection is on view, includes paintings on velvet, watercolors with applique of gold leaf on silk, weather vanes of all sizesone is a 14-ft.
- All they had to do was remove the Roman crucifix from the lid and replace it with a Serbian Orthodox cross, applique the Jugoslav royal arms and a silver name plate.
- Some of it was a little Gattica, all tenty and unisex, and those Klimt-gold-big-applique patterns were dumb.
News & Articles
- Loon Country Quilters Embroidery Group
Loon Country Quilters Embroidery Group will meet Tuesday, June 18 at 4:00 p.m. The meeting will be held at Zion Lutheran Church in Grand Rapids. The challenge wil be to do an applique of one of the free designs from www.catus-shakembroidery.com website. Come with your ideas and questions, as well as show & tell. All members and guests are welcome.
June 11, 2013 - Grand Rapids Herald-Review
- Diane von Furstenberg in ABC News
It is sunset on the Nile ...... feminine and powerful, she fluidly moves from a jacquard wrap dress to a black zebra applique mini,von Furstenberg said in her notes to the audience at Bryant Park that included actresses Blake Lively and...