applecart : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the planning that is disrupted when someone `upsets the applecart'
- n a handcart from which apples and other fruit are sold in the street
- But Sharp would manage to not only join the ranks of the DNA research pioneers, but also upset the applecart in the process.
- Then, in 1983, a novel called Midnight's Children exploded out of nowhere, to upset the placid applecart of English literature, play merry havoc with the English language and create .
- But when, in July, the state offered a 25% share in the giant firm Svyazinvest, the state telecommunications monopoly, Potanin upset the applecart.
News & Articles
- Can upset artist Derrick Wilson do it again?
Featherweight Derrick Wilson (10-4-2, 3 KOs) is no stranger to upsetting the applecart. The 24-year-old Fort Myers, Florida native has already derailed the careers of highly touted unbeaten prospects Charles Huerta and Braulio Santos.
Sept. 21, 2013 - Fightnews.com
- Virginia Wade in Independent
The media want to latch on to someone who shows promise but this upsets the applecart with the British players,said Wade. "She's only 14 and has won junior Wimbledon but I can see people thinking that if she gets in next year she's going...
- Dennis Kucinich in Earthtimes.org
It's clear that they didn't want me upsetting their multi-billion dollar applecart,Kucinich said. "The health care plans of the invited candidates preserve and promote the interests of for-profit insurance and pharmaceutical companies at...