- n earnest or urgent request
an appeal for help
an appeal to the public to keep calm
- n attractiveness that interests or pleases or stimulates
his smile was part of his appeal to her
- n (law) a legal proceeding in which the appellant resorts to a higher court for the purpose of obtaining a review of a lower court decision and a reversal of the lower court's judgment or the granting of a new trial
their appeal was denied in the superior court
- n request for a sum of money
an appeal to raise money for starving children
- v take a court case to a higher court for review
He was found guilty but appealed immediately
- v request earnestly (something from somebody); ask for aid or protection
appeal to somebody for help
- v be attractive to
The idea of a vacation appeals to me
- v challenge (a decision)
She appealed the verdict
- v cite as an authority; resort to
I appealed to the law of 1900
- The youth appeal of Barack Obama was evident in the big crowds he drew as he campaigned across Iowa.
- Judge Sharon Keller allegedly slammed the door on the last-minute appeal of a man on death row.
- After an appeal by the former Congressman's spurned first wife, the Vatican reverses a controversial annulment.
News & Articles
- Appeal Heard Of Md. Man Convicted In Girlfriend’s Beating Death
A three-judge panel is weighing a bid to broaden the appeal of a former University of Virginia lacrosse player who was convicted of killing his ex-girlfriend.
June 11, 2013 - CBS Baltimore
- Appeal in Yeardley Love murder trial to be heard
- A three-judge panel is scheduled to hear the appeal of a former University of Virginia lacrosse player who was convicted of killing his ex- girlfriend.
June 11, 2013 - WTOP Radio Washington, DC
- Feds: Morning-after pill appeal officially on hold
NEW YORK (AP) — The Obama administration's appeal in the legal fight over morning-after pills has been officially put on hold until a judge weighs a new plan to allow girls of all ages to buy the contraceptives without a prescription, according to a government letter filed Tuesday.
June 11, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Isiah Thomas in 940 News
I'm innocent, very innocent, and I did not do the things she has accused me in this courtroom of doing,Thomas said. "I'm extremely disappointed that the jury did not see the facts in this case. I will appeal this, and I remain confident in...
- Jim McNerney in ktla 5
My support for Senator Obamas campaign is wide, deep and unequivocal. I cherish this redemptive and historical moment. My appeal was for the moral content of his message to not only deal with the personal and moral responsibility of black males,... Jesse Jackson http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Jackson&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFZ7IHGe-2JmcZPWjBdYpA-lkzMiA Canada.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.html%3Fid%3D23ee3fdd-06f1-44b8-a0a3-9127b6f999f6&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFnbRfXgmdwXuuxsOa2TAB1oTuFkg Jul 9, 2008
4642 6944 appeal Our team has taken a very close look at the tanker decision and found serious flaws in the process that we believe warrant appeal," said Jim McNerney, Boeing's chairman, president and chief executive. "This is an extraordinary step rarely...