aphorism : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a short pithy instructive saying
- Most aphorisms have a turn in phrase as in , 'A place for everything, everything in its place'.
- For a newly resurgent nation that wants to measure up to the West, Zhang, with her taste for traditionally-inspired dress and her reverence for ancient Chinese aphorisms, may very .
- But instead of launching yet another "work-life balance" program, Best Buy is rethinking the very concept of work, challenging Ben Franklin's aphorism that "time is money.
News & Articles
- Dan Cardinali: When Doing Good Isn't Good Enough
When was the last time you heard someone use that old aphorism, "The perfect is the enemy of the good"? On its face, this sounds like sage advice. At the same time, I think there is a danger in this approach.
June 16, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- Joyce Carol Oates in The Sweet Science
Describing the champ's downward spiral, Oates writes that "Boxing is the appropriate sport for Nietzsche's terrifying aphorism: 'What someone is begins to be revealed when his talent abates, when he stops showing us what he can do.'"
- Liam Gillick in Globe and Mail
I don't know where it really comes from; it sounds like an aphorism,Gillick, 45, said this week from New York, where he now lives. "I have a feeling I may have picked it up in a bar or it may have been said to me by someone who was feeling...