- n the large trunk artery that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to branch arteries
- They then sewed the booster directly into the aorta, led the air hose out through the chest and connected it to the exterior tank.
- But the aorta, the largest of the body's blood vessels, is not rigidly held in the area below its arch (see diagram).
- Partial shutdowns of the aorta are sometimes caused by narrowing ("coarctation"), which may be present from birth, but more often by the later development of obstructive deposits .
News & Articles
- Weekly Poem: 'From the Grandiloquent Dictionary'
By Hailey Leithauser Judder When Junk gives a shudder, like a tractor more quaint than intact, like lapsed reactors, pipes worn and contorted, a Toyota that's done for, or outdated aorta. Katzenjammer Think of the yowl of three senile felines. Think of a buzz saw's black, sauerkraut whine. Imagine ten screeched, unleashed violins. Imagine the dawn that follows the gin. Metrophobia I, too dislike ...
June 17, 2013 - The Online NewsHour
- Freddie Kitchens briefly returns to Cardinals facilities
Cardinals quarterbacks coach Freddie Kitchens, who recently had surgery on his aorta, was well enough to briefly return to club headquarters on Thursday. “I threw his butt out of the building,” head coach Bruce Arians said Friday, according to Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic. “But he wanted to see his quarterbacks.” According to Somers,…
June 16, 2013 - NBC Sports: ProFootballTalk
- Freddie Kitchens, Arizona Cardinals QB coach, walking
Freddie Kitchens is walking after undergoing emergency surgery on his aorta, Ian Rapoport reported Saturday. Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians told Rapoport "it's a miracle" to have the QB coach back.
June 15, 2013 - NFL.com
- Jack Layton in Canada.com
He's grabbing ahold of the aorta of the creative process and putting the squeeze on it,Layton said at a campaign stop in Quebec City, where he pledged that an NDP government would reverse the Harper government's announced cuts and invest $125...
- Tom Dart in Journal Gazette and Times-Courier
This was a horrific accident,Dart said. "Mr. Cranston's life was taken from him. The medical examiner's report shows that his aorta had been torn. How long he was alive ...... I really don't have any information on that."
- Aaron Rowand in San Jose Mercury News
Shattered my shoulder. Broke two ribs. Punctured a lung,Rowand recalled. "I came within two millimeters of nicking my aorta, and if I'd done that the doctors said I would have been dead within three minutes."