- n a heavy block of iron or steel on which hot metals are shaped by hammering
- n the ossicle between the malleus and the stapes
- Ignite the gunpowder and watch the top anvil fly as high as 125 feet into the air.
- Normally, I'd rather have the Roadrunner drop an anvil on my head than endure another research paper on violence permeating the media--especially one that views with alarm Tigger's .
- Yet in Tonga, the beating of bark cloth is louder than ever; the tap, tap, tap of mallet on anvil as omnipresent as the tolling of church bells.
News & Articles
- Jaroso Fire grows to 6,000 acres
The Jaroso Fire burning in the Pecos Wilderness east of Española exploded on Tuesday, and, right now, there's nothing anyone can do about it. The fire was reported at 6,000 acres Tuesday night, having steadily grown throughout the day. It sent a huge, anvil-shaped plume that loomed over Santa Fe.
June 12, 2013 - Albuquerque Journal
- Blackhawks had 2010 champions in mind when putting team together
Everyone knew it was coming. Fans, players, coaches, management — everybody saw the writing on the wall, the Sword of Damocles swaying precariously overhead, the 10-ton anvil about to drop in the middle of Blackhawks’ dressing room, scattering key players to the far ends of the continent.So when the champagne dried and the TV cameras left and Joel Quenneville had a moment to think about what his ...
June 11, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- Princeton professor Dan Trueman performs a 'wordless musical epic' with So Percussion
'neither Anvil nor Pulley' will be performed at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on Saturday
June 7, 2013 - The Star-Ledger
- Goose Gossage in 940 News
A shock wave went through my body like an anvil just fell on my head,Gossage said about his reaction. "I think having to wait makes it that much more special."
- Mike Holmgren in Washington Post
Seahawks Coach Mike Holmgren, one of Walsh's most prominent disciples, told the NFL Network, "I always said that he was an artist and all the rest of us were blacksmiths, pounding the anvil while he was painting the picture."
- Russell T Davies in BBC News
Russell T Davies, executive producer, said: "I've been lucky and honoured to work with David over the past few years - and it's not over yet, the Tenth Doctor still has five spectacular hours left! After which, I might drop an anvil on his head. Or...