- n tranquilizer used to treat psychotic conditions when a calming effect is desired
- Over two months, Blocker-Stokes was repeatedly hospitalized for postpartum psychosis; prescribed a cocktail of antipsychotic, antianxiety and antidepressant drugs; and treated with .
- On how strategies for coping with disorders like depression are changing: "Among antidepressant users, the percentage who also received antipsychotic medications increased, whereas .
- Then they put me on an antipsychotic called Risperdal.
News & Articles
- Anil K. Malhotra, MD
This article reviews some of the most recent findings in genetics and pharmacogenetics of schizophrenia—especially those with clinical implications. There are limited data on clinical and biological predictors of antipsychotic drug response.
June 11, 2013 - Psychiatric Times
- Goh still unfit to stand trial for 7 killings
Goh still unfit to stand trial for 7 killings (AP) — His lawyer says a man charged with killing seven people at an East Oakland private college is still delusional and unfit to face trial. The Oakland Tribune (http://bit.ly/12CY3hB ) says the attorney for One Goh told a court Monday that Goh cannot comprehend the charges filed against him but he's taking an antipsychotic drug at Napa State ...
June 11, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Phil Hope in guardian.co.uk
Hope said: "It is unacceptable that antipsychotic drugs are routinely prescribed to people with dementia. More than half of people with dementia will experience agitation or aggression at some point, but guidance from the National Institute for...
- Daniel in EurekAlert (press release)
Dr. Daniel Campbell, corresponding author for this article, explains these results: "By applying genetic analysis to the NIMH-funded Clinical Antipsychotic Trials of Intervention Effectiveness, we show that variants in a specific gene, RGS4, predict...
- Martha Coakley in Boston Globe
The inappropriate off-label marketing of antipsychotic drugs to nursing homes is a significant health and safety issue for our seniors,Coakley said in a statement released by her office. "We have taken strong action on this issue in the...