antiproton : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an unstable negatively charged proton; the antiparticle of a proton
- One of physics' most exciting recent discoveries is the antiproton.
- The antiproton, having lost its negative charge and received nothing in return, also became a chargeless particle, but it did not become a normal neutron.
- The anti-lambda (3) turns into an antiproton and a positive pi meson.
News & Articles
- Dr. Gordon Feldman, Johns Hopkins physicist
Dr. Gordon Feldman, a Johns Hopkins physicist who contributed to discovery of the antiproton, died in his sleep Wednesday at Symphony Manor Assisted Living from complications of Alzheimer's.
Feb. 17, 2014 - Baltimore Sun