- n an astringent substance applied to the skin to reduce perspiration
- Another study found that among women with breast cancer, those who shaved their underarms frequently, then applied antiperspirant or deodorant, tended to develop the cancer at an .
- Three years ago, most teenage boys had no idea they needed body spray--a combination of deodorant and light cologne often used in addition to antiperspirant--to attract girls.
- Pitches for Sta Dri now note that no antiperspirant really keeps people dry.
News & Articles
- Do Any of These Hippie Deodorants Work?
I am not known for my noncarcinogenic lifestyle. I prefer aspartame to agave, reheat takeout pad Thai in its original plastic container, and think most wines pair best with a cigarette. So my newfound opposition to aluminum-based antiperspirant has nothing to do with conflicting reports that it causes breast cancer ... More »
July 18, 2013 - New York Magazine