antimicrobial : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an agent (as heat or radiation or a chemical) that destroys microorganisms that might carry disease
- s capable of destroying or inhibiting the growth of disease-causing microorganisms
- Antimicrobial Countertops WHO: Microban International and countertop maker Cosentino USA WHY: Until now, antimicrobial agents that fend off bacteria and mold have been limited to .
- Another antimicrobial, zanamivir, or Relenza, is still effective against the circulating Tamiflu-resistant strain.
- The UCS estimates that about 70% of antimicrobial drugs used in America are given not to people but to animals, which means we're breeding more of those deadly organisms every day.
News & Articles
- 2013 School Study Shows Zylast Antiseptic Lotion Reduces School Absenteeism and Raises Funding Levels
LAKE FOREST, Calif., June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Innovative BioDefense Inc., the creators of the Zylast™ line of persistent antimicrobial products, announced today the results of a clinical study in ...
June 12, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Nature Relax - All Season Silver Antimicrobial White Down Comforter: Extra 25% off (Only $75), Father's Day Sale
Nature Relax just announced an extra 25% discount offer (only $75), for one time only, for Father's Day special on the All Season Silver Infused Antimicrobial White Down comforters. Nature Relax line of All Season Antimicrobial White Down comforters are resistant to mites, mold, spores and bacteria, making it naturally hypoallergenic and perfectly suitable for those with sensitive skin. (PRWeb ...
June 10, 2013 - PRWeb
- Cupron Technology Earns Anti-Fungal Public Health Claim
Cupron, creator of a copper-based antimicrobial and skin enhancement technology, announced today that its pioneering technology has received the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's approval to make a first-of-its-kind Public Health Claim.
June 10, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Trevor Marshall in PR Web (press release)
For raw meat and poultry products, the solution lies with safe foods produced using non-thermal pasteurization technologies, such as UV/Advanced Oxidation technologies and antimicrobial spray treatments, combined with safe preparation and proper... James Marsden http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Marsden&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH61tWRHj-coZimITPuOf4QUlJ_kw Food Product Design http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foodproductdesign.com/news/2010/06/consumer-education-boosts-food-safety.aspx&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF_OQrGoaOeAwfNAGA8dQ361fizAw Jun 17, 2010
4316 6449 antimicrobial The VDR is at the heart of innate immunity, being responsible for expression of most of the antimicrobial peptides, which are the body's ultimate response to infection," Marshall said. "Molecular biology is now forcing us to re-think the...
- Amelia Earhart in Business Wire (press release)
To accelerate market share growth, we are constantly on the lookout for new methods and technologies to enhance our market-leading ON-Q PainBuster product line,Earhart said. "The antimicrobial properties of the ON-Q SilverSoaker provide an...