anti-inflammatory : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a medicine intended to reduce inflammation
- Now statins are being tested for their anti-inflammatory effects on Alzheimer's disease and sickle-cell anemia.
- The most powerful anti-inflammatory drugs we have are the corticosteroids like prednisone.
- She wanted me to get off my "pain meds" which I interpreted as the anti-inflammatory (Relafen).
News & Articles
- Patients use OTC NSAIDs even when they have a high risk of serious side effects
( European League Against Rheumatism ) A new study presented today at EULAR 2013, the Annual Congress of the European League Against Rheumatism, shows that one in eight patients at risk of developing a serious adverse drug event is taking over-the-counter non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, often to treat a musculoskeletal complaint.
June 12, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Essential Source Announces New Breakthrough in Natural Anti-Inflammatory Solution
Essential Source ®, the market leader in specialty nutraceutical products, announced the release of NopaVera ™ for national distribution. NopaVera ™ is a natural anti-inflammatory solution developed to relieve pain, improve breathing, and reduce swelling in the joints and muscles, as well as overall body inflammation. (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases ...
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Ask Dr. K: Steroids may help chronic sinusitis
Dear Dr. K: I have chronic sinusitis and nasal polyps. My specialist suggested trying oral corticosteroids. What do you think? Dear Reader: "Steroids" is short for anti-inflammatory hormones called corticosteroids, and "oral" means steroids taken in pill form.
June 11, 2013 - The Monterey County Herald
- Tiger Wood in Bloomberg
The doctors advised me to take a week off and rest, which I did,Woods said. "They prescribed physical therapy, anti-inflammatory medication and soft-tissue messages, which I'm continuing with. Although I'm not 100 percent, I feel much...
- Stuart Cage in CBSSports.com
His spokesman, Stuart Cage, said: "The doctor has decided there is no DVT or blood clot and that the problem he has is something to do with a reaction to the heat. Lee is going to have an anti-inflammatory dressing put on the muscle and if he rests...
- Shane Crawford in Cobar Age
I actually rub it around my knee,Crawford, who turns 34 in September, said yesterday. "It's just like an anti- inflammatory : the human anti-inflammatory is Voltaren, but it's just a little bit stronger so I use the Rapigel, which is quite...