- n a highly infectious animal disease (especially cattle and sheep); it can be transmitted to people
- n a disease of humans that is not communicable; caused by infection with Bacillus anthracis followed by septicemia
- What is anthrax and just how dangerous can it be? A biological weapons expert answers.
- Retiree Ed Lake has become obsessed with the anthrax case--and he has a theory about who did it.
- If Bruce Ivins carried out the anthrax attacks in 2001, the scientific and forensic evidence should prove it.
News & Articles
- Anthrax Alerts Delayed as Program Fails Test: Lawmakers
A U.S. alert system designed to detect deadly pathogens such as anthrax in New York and 33 other cities is stalled because lawmakers say they are concerned the next phase may not work.
June 18, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Pathogen alert upgrade languishes
By Bloomberg News WASHINGTON — An alert system designed to detect deadly pathogens such as anthrax in New York and 33 other cities is stalled because lawmakers say ...
June 18, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- BioWatch faces congressional hearing this week
A House panel will question officials under oath about the troubled system designed to detect airborne releases of anthrax or other biological weapons. WASHINGTON — A decade ago, then-Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge oversaw the start of BioWatch, the nationwide system designed to detect airborne releases of anthrax or other biological weapons.
June 17, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Andy Roddick in Montreal Gazette
Roddick mocked Djokovic at a post-match press conference, saying of his injuries: "A back and a hip? And a cramp. Bird Flu ... anthrax...... SARS... common cough and cold. If it's there, it's there. There's just a lot. He's either quick to call a...
- Patrick Leahy in FOXNews
The letters to Daschle and Leahy said: "WE HAVE THIS ANTHRAX . . . DEATH TO AMERICA . . . DEATH TO ISRAEL."
- Charles Grassley in Forbes
This looks like an example of the FBI's left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing,Grassley said. "You're telling me that you won't answer questions about the anthrax investigation, while someone else is telling the public that...