- n a hard natural coal that burns slowly and gives intense heat
- Another week went by at Atlantic City (PTI, July 20, 27) and the anthracite coal miners and operators managed to sandwich in four sessions of conference.
- The greatest progress made last week towards the settlement of the controversy between anthracite miners and operators (PTI, July 20 et seq.
- In 1920 the Supreme Court ordered the anthracite carriers to divest themselves of their coal properties.
News & Articles
- ATV riders clean up property, stereotypes
SAINT CLAIR - ATV riders did their part Saturday to clean up Reading Anthracite property in the Coal Creek Commerce Center. Climbing a hill by Wal-Mart, Brian Dasch, 40, of Schuylkill Haven, picked up trash. "If God didn't put it here, it's got to be pi
June 16, 2013 - The Pottsville Republican & Herald
- Carbon County Little League Majors champions
The Towamensing Phillies recently defeated the Towamensing Cubs, 8-3, at the Anthracite Little League field in Nesquehoning to claim the Carbon County Little League Majors championship. Luke Wanamaker was the hitting star for the Phillies, hitting three home runs and knocking in six runs.
June 13, 2013 - Times News
- Forbes Coal Reports 23% Growth in Run of Mine Production for the First Quarter of Fiscal 2014 and Consecutive Record ...
Forbes & Manhattan Coal Corp. reports record first quarter production at its Magdalena bituminous and Aviemore anthracite mines . Total run of mine production for the first quarter of fiscal 2014 was 447,000 ...
June 12, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Joe Biden in Bristol Herald Courier
I hope you won't hold it against me, but I am a hard-coal miner, anthracite coal, Scranton, Pa.,Biden said. "It's nice to be back in coal country. : It'sa different accent [in Southwest Virginia] : but it's the same deal. We were taught...
- Brian Schweitzer in Forbes
Wearing working boots and frayed jeans, his dog, Jag, at his side, Schweitzer explained his vision of energy independence by way of coal: "We are the Saudi Arabia of coal," he booms. "We can turn everything from anthracite to dog-sh*t lignite...
- Diana Vreeland in Independent
The Vogue empress Diana Vreeland praised her "anthracite-black eyes and legs to swoon over...... She is shown here arabesquing on her leather rhino to a record of The Kinks."