- v be earlier in time; go back further
- v establish something as being earlier relative to something else
- Of the 2nd Century, they antedate the Chester Beatty New Testament papyri (3rd Century) which came to light four years ago.
- The President of the Congress, Seor Victor Santisteban of Peru, believes that the educational glories of Spain, which antedate those of Oxford and Cambridge, may be revived.
- Many of these conditions antedate President Juan Antonio Rios.
- Lito Atienza in Pacific News Center
Let this serve as a warning to some people who might just modify the dates or antedate their building permit. Those who think that we are not serious about this will face the full force of the law,Atienza said.