- n an agent that counteracts or neutralizes acidity (especially in the stomach)
- s acting to neutralize acid (especially in the stomach)
- An antacid tablet may help.
- In touting Tagamet HB, for example, SmithKline has to avoid invidious comparisons with Tums, its antacid moneymaker, while JJMerck must tiptoe around any comparisons between .
- Right now, the only person caring for them is a local midwife who dispenses from a plastic bag her meager but precious pharmacy: paracetamol, a few antibiotics, some antacid tablets.
News & Articles
- How do oysters spell climate change relief? A-N-T-A-C-I-D
Oyster hatcheries are dropping the equivalent of Tums and other antacids into water to make it easier for naked mollusk larvae to build their shells. The remedy is working, for now, to keep hatcheries in business and oyster bars well stocked with the slimy delicacies, a hatchery scientist said.Heartburn for the shellfish industry comes from ocean waters turning ever more corrosive as they absorb ...
June 14, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Mike Piazza in ESPN
I was just fortunate to pick up the team tonight,Piazza said. "These moments are special and you've got to enjoy them. Hopefully, there's a few more. But if these games are going to be like this, I'm going to need a lot of antacid on the...
- Andrew Sullivan in Times Daily
Obama acts like a kind of antacid to the American stomach,Andrew Sullivan, a columnist for The Sunday Times of London, wrote last weekend, one of a raft of adulatory articles in Europe's major newspapers.