- n a positively charged electrode by which electrons leave an electrical device
- n the negatively charged terminal of a voltaic cell or storage battery that supplies current
- But cathodic protection creates a countercurrent, which flows from an anode placed near the pipeline, through the soil and directly onto the pipeline itself, effectively zapping .
- Struck by the electrons, the atoms of the metallic anode vibrate violently and emit energy in the form of X rays, which can burn the skin, injure the eyes and cause genetic damage.
- Doses from the anode (positive pole) seemed to have less effecttwo milliamperes produced somewhat inferior litters, one milliampere made no visible difference.
News & Articles
- Unzipped nanotubes unlock potential for batteries
Graphene nanoribbons and tin oxide make an effective anode for lithium ion batteries, as discovered in early tests.
June 13, 2013 - Science Daily
- Battery Materials Market Expected to Grow at a CAGR of 13.0% By 2018 in New Research Report at RnRMarketResearch.com
RnRMarketResearch.com adds Latest Reports on “Battery Materials Market – By Types (Cathode, Anode, Electrolyte, Separator, Binders, Packaging Material), Applications & Geography – Trends & Forecasts To 2018” to its store. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/battery-materials-market/analysis-and-forecasts/prweb10830079.htm
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- IXYS Introduces an Anode Gated Thyristor Technology Platform
BIEL, Switzerland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IXYS Corporation (NASDAQ: IXYS), a leader in power semiconductors and integrated circuit technologies for energy efficient products used in power conversion and motor control applications, announced today a new Anode Gated Thyristor (AGT) Technology Platform. The first product derived from this new Technology Platform is the CLB30I1200HB, a 30 ampere, 1200 ...
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire