amniotic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or related to the amnion or characterized by developing an amnion
- One of the best ways to confirm Down syndrome before birth is by amniocentesis, which uses a needle to remove a sample of the amniotic fluid surrounding a fetus.
- Bush said he was not against science; he encouraged research on stem cells drawn from amniotic fluid or created by genetic reprogramming.
- That amniotic fluid might have another use gradually dawned on surgeons, when they realized that women who underwent caesarean sections seldom developed peritonitis.
News & Articles
- MiMedx Is Issued Three New U.S. Patents For Placental Tissue Allografts
MARIETTA, Ga., June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MiMedx Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDXG), an integrated developer, manufacturer and marketer of patent protected regenerative biomaterials and bioimplants processed from human amniotic membrane, announced today its receipt of three newly...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire
- Justin Rigali in PR-Inside.com (Pressemitteilung)
It seems virtually every byproduct of live birth -- amniotic fluid, amniotic membrane, placenta, cord blood, and the tissue of the umbilical cord itself -- contains stem cells that may rival embryonic stem cells in their flexibility,the...
- Howard Kurtz in Town Hall
The questions have come in, wave after wave, asking, as Kurtz wrote, "whether (Sarah) Palin is really the mother of a 4-month-old baby, whether her amniotic fluid has been tested, and whether she would submit to a DNA test to establish the child's...
- James Dobson in WDC Media News
And now, Dobson adds, "similar therapies may be developed using cells from amniotic fluid."