- r at or near or toward the center of a ship
in the late 19th century, engines were placed in front, amidships, and at the rear
- Beyond that, amidships, is a card table, one side supported by a length of nylon rope tied to a metal ceiling rack.
- As the sun rose, after the boats were in the water, the submarine fired a torpedo into the Robin Moor amidships, shelled her for 23 minutes.
- All hands live in the cylindrical turret amidshipslive there for the entire voyage, for with a freeboard (when loaded) of only 9 ft.
News & Articles
- Armchair Travel: British Museum
They stretched their beloved lord in his boat, laid out by the mast, amidships, the great ring-giver. Far-fetched treasures were piled upon him, and precious gear.… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]
June 26, 2013 - Boise Weekly
- Kevin Rudd in Sunday Times.au
These two statements by Mr Turnbull torpedo amidships the Howard government's credibility on climate change,Mr Rudd said. "This is a most significant development."