- r at or on or to the masthead or upper rigging of a ship
climbed aloft to unfurl the sail
- r upward
the good news sent her spirits aloft
- r at or to great height; high up in or into the air
eagles were soaring aloft
dust is whirled aloft
- r in the higher atmosphere above the earth
weather conditions aloft are fine
- By October he was ready to set the Music Store aloft in the 97% of the world that uses Windows PCs, and the prospect of converting millions of music pirates into credit-card .
- On a thundering pillar of fire, Discovery carries the nation's hopes aloft again 10101988: Newsfile: Space Exploration: Indicates premium content.
- Result: When far aloft, the air was 75 below zero Fahrenheit outside, it was 106 above inside.
News & Articles
- Warmer temperatures for Sunday
An upper level trof continues to hang around Montana along with a cold air aloft creating instability and chances of thunderstorms and showers through the evening.
June 23, 2013 - KXLH Helena
- Starwood's Aloft Forays into Cancun
Aloft, one of the brands of Starwood Hotels & Resorts, unveiled a property in Cancun, Mexico.
June 17, 2013 - Zacks via Yahoo! Finance
- Starwood's Aloft Forays into Cancun - Analyst Blog
Aloft, one of the brands of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc. ( HOT ), unveiled a property in Cancun, Mexico. The property marks Starwood's 25th opening in Mexico and its
June 17, 2013 - Nasdaq
- David Rockwell in Business Wire (press release)
Working with Starwood's aloft team was a fantastic experience - they really share our approach to design,said David Rockwell, founder and CEO of Rockwell Group. "For aloft, our goal was to re-imagine the select-service hotel model by...
- Michael Bloomberg in New York Daily News (blog)
No city on Earth - no city - should hold these principles higher aloft than this city of immigrants,Bloomberg says. "Because no city on earth has been more rewarded by immigrant labor, more renewed by immigrant ideas, more revitalized by...