- n a state of readiness to respond
alerting was indicated by the desynchronization of the EEG
- n a warning serves to make you more alert to danger
- v warn or arouse to a sense of danger or call to a state of preparedness
- Such was the fear factor of Snow White, Bambi, Dumbo and this film in alerting children to the dangers of separation from a parent.
- Another screen shot purportedly shows a draft e-mail from Palin's account to campaign aide Ivy Frye alerting her of the breach: This email was hacked by anonymous, but I took no .
- It stands to reason that if this risk center is overactive, it would keep on alerting you to peril even after you've attended to the problem.
News & Articles
- State issues warning about canine virus
The state is alerting dog owners after recent outbreaks of the canine parvovirus in north Berkshire County and Worcester County.
June 22, 2013 - The Milford Daily News
- Facebook Bug Exposes Contact Info Of 6 Million Users
Facebook is alerting 6 million of its users that their e-mails or phone numbers were inadvertently shared with other members.
June 21, 2013 - CBS San Francisco
- Graphdat: Real time Performance Monitoring and Alerting Tool
The comprehensive monitoring and alerting of IT infrastructures is a precondition for the availability of critical applications such as CRM, ERP and e-mail servers. If a company has a large number of competitors, and operates in an industry where steady … Continue reading ?
June 19, 2013 - SiliconANGLE
- Janet Napolitano in Xinhua
The Times Square reopened to vehicle and pedestrian traffic on Sunday, but US Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said authorities are "alerting state and local law enforcement authorities, and others to stay on their toes."
- Jan Egeland in Reuters.uk
Members of the media, acting as the world's witnesses to atrocities and humanitarian needs, alerting all of us to our responsibilities, have ...... been increasingly subject to attack,UN Emergency Relief Coordinator Jan Egeland told the...
- John Kerry in Daily News & Analysis
Kerry said, Umaru Mutallab acted "in a heroic fashion by alerting US authorities of his concerns about his son's whereabouts and activities, and by seeking to disrupt what he believed could have been a dangerous situation."