- n a subsonic jet airliner operated over short distances
- Lockheed showed off its first giant L-1011 "airbus," which gleamed under the hangar lights like a winged dolphin.
News & Articles
- Airbus sends first A350 XWB into the sky
Airbus test pilots and managers celebrated Friday after the long-awaited inaugural flight of the Airbus A350 XWB went off without a hitch.
June 14, 2013 - CNN
- Airbus A350 makes first test flight
(CNN) -- Airbus test pilots and managers celebrated Friday after the long-awaited inaugural flight of the Airbus A350 XWB went off without a hitch.
June 14, 2013 - CNN Money
- Airbus A350, 787 Dreamliner rival, makes maiden flight
Airbus hopes to catch up with Boeing in sales of new generation of carbon-fiber jets The new Airbus A350, a carbon-fiber jet that will heighten competition with Chicago-based Boeing Inc. and its 787 Dreamliner, successfully completed its maiden flight Friday.
June 14, 2013 - Chicago Tribune
- Louis Gallois in International Herald Tribune
Even if tomorrow Airbus will get back to the business of competing vigorously, today is Boeing's day - a day to celebrate the 787,Airbus co-CEO Louis Gallois said in a letter to Boeing Chairman and CEO James McNerney on Sunday.
- Chew Choon Seng in Carlisle Sentinel
We are glad that Airbus took the time to make sure that the plane is fully tested and developed before it enters commercial service,said Singapore Airlines Chief Executive Chew Choon Seng.
- Dave Reichert in International Herald Tribune
John McCain will be the nominee and I will support him, but if John McCain believes that Airbus or EADS is the company for our Air Force tanker program he's flat-out wrong - and I'll tell him that to his face,said Rep. Dave Reichert, a...