- n a subordinate or subsidiary associate; a person who is affiliated with another or with an organization
- n a subsidiary or subordinate organization that is affiliated with another organization
- v keep company with; hang out with
She affiliates with her colleagues
- v join in an affiliation
The two colleges affiliated
They affiliated with a national group
- The job didn't last long, but within a few months, Henson was back on TV, puppeteering for another station, the local NBC affiliate.
- NBC Miami affiliate WCKT had a similar experience recently when Barbara Walters Visits the Royal Lovers pre-empted The Doctors and Days of Our Lives.
- Other chains include Doubleday stores, an affiliate of the publishing house, and Brentano's, an affiliate of Macmillan.
- Barack Obama in AFP
We know that he traveled to Yemen,Obama said in his weekly video address. "It appears that he joined an affiliate of Al-Qaeda, and that this group, Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, trained him, equipped him with those explosives and...
- David Petraeus in International Herald Tribune
...David Petraeus, the senior American commander in Iraq, told The Army Times newspaper in an interview Friday night that US forces were focusing on an insurgent who is "sort of an affiliate of Al Qaeda."
- Rush Limbaugh in ABC News
This is exactly where I want to be, doing what I was born to do, with an amazing audience and phenomenal support from affiliate stations and sponsors,Limbaugh said in a statement. "I'm having more fun than a human being should be allowed...