- n extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use
- n a unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries
- n a territory of western Brazil bordering on Bolivia and Peru
- n a town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean
- Turns out the 2,000 acres don't have to be contiguous and only the space of the equipment touching the ground is counted.
- A wildfire burning in Southern California's Ventura County has grown to 9,700 acres.
- The fires already have burned hundreds of acres to the east, north and south of that community, and the devastation has attracted the attention of the White House.
News & Articles
- Fair Acres offers new Web site as resource for seeking skilled care
Fair Acres, Delaware County’s skilled care facility in Middletown, has a new website that provides an informative and user-friendly resource for families looking for a nursing care facility for a loved one.
June 19, 2013 - Springfield Press
- Fun for all at Fair Acres annual June Fair
(Above) Fair Acres, Delaware County’s skilled care facility, hosted its biggest fundraiser of the year, the annual June Fair, on June 5 on the campus in Middletown.
June 18, 2013 - Springfield Press
- Acres, Fendrich lead Outlaws to victory, into championship
Carleston Acres ran for three touchdowns and Drew Fendrich tossed two touchdown passes to lead the Capital City Outlaws past the St. Louis Stars 46-38 in a semifinal of the 8-Man Football League playoffs at Sacred Heart-Griffin High School Sunday afternoon.
June 17, 2013 - The State Journal-Register
- Cindy Sheehan in Guardian Unlimited
I am going to take whatever I have left and go home,Sheehan wrote. "Camp Casey has served its purpose. It's for sale. Anyone want to buy five beautiful acres in Crawford, Texas?"
- Ed Schafer in International Herald Tribune
A lot of people are moving hay acres into commodity crops,said Schafer, a former North Dakota governor. "We're doing this in an effort to help with feed costs with those who run livestock operations."