- n a person who acquires something (usually permanently)
- n a corporation gaining financial control over another corporation or financial institution through a payment in cash or an exchange of stock
- n the financial institution that dispenses cash in automated teller machines and collects a fee from the bank that issued the credit card
- n a credit card processing bank; merchants receive credit for credit card receipts less a processing fee
- By the time the stock-swap deal closed a year later, the bubble had burst, AOL was back on earth, and even though AOL had technically been the acquirer (thanks to that high stock .
- The acquirer can deduct from its taxes the full amount of the write-down.
- He insists he's committed to achieving revenue and margin growth targets to restore investor confidence and sees Cadbury as more of an acquirer than an acquiree.
News & Articles
- Terreno Realty Corporation Acquires Building in West Caldwell, NJ for $6.8 Million
Terreno Realty Corporation , an acquirer, owner and operator of industrial real estate in six major coastal U.S. markets, acquired an industrial property located in West
June 21, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Five Tips To Identify A Market For Your Startup
Five years ago, my first tech company was acquired; two years ago, the acquirer IPO’d. As the Chief Strategy Officer, I ended my time at the company with a signatory bell ringing at the NASDAQ. Until that point, my life had moved quite swiftly without much vacation, only letting up to marry my high school sweetheart and raise my son.
June 21, 2013 - Forbes
- Nexstar still in acquisition mode, could spend $650 mln over two years
By Sruthi Ramakrishnan and Sriraj Kalluvila (Reuters) - Serial acquirer Nexstar Broadcasting Group Inc is in talks with several companies to buy TV stations and could spend up to $650 million on acquisitions over the next two years, founder and Chief Executive Perry Sook told Reuters. Sook said some stations run by Local TV LLC could fit the bill, but declined to say whether his company was in ...
June 20, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Gerald Grinstein in BusinessWeek
As for Delta and its role in possible consolidation, Grinstein said, "Frankly, I see its future more as an acquirer rather than being acquired."
- Carl Icahn in Reuters
You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to realize there is no great comfort zone between the current Yahoo board and Microsoft,said Icahn. "During this waiting period for regulatory approval, any acquirer -- not just Microsoft -- would want...
- Peter Kuper in USA Today
Given the CFIUS concerns, they may have to limit their potential partners,said Peter Kuper of Morgan Stanley. "A US acquirer would be a lot simpler and cleaner."