acquiesce : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v to agree or express agreement
- We should make necessary adjustments but should not acquiesce to their unreasonable demands.
- Because of political compulsions, Donald cannot acquiesce even to his supporters.
- John said that it was easire to embrace the management's policy than to grudgingly acquiesce.
News & Articles
- Sarah Palin Blasts The ‘Hot Mess’ in Washington [Video]
Sarah Palin turned up the heat on Beltway politicians of both parties by deeming D.C. “one hot mess” in a wide-ranging speech today before the Faith & Freedom Coalition that touched on all the hot-button political issues and scandals. In a specific reference to the NSA PRISM issue, she declared Americans should not silently acquiesce... Read more » Sarah Palin Blasts The ‘Hot Mess’ in Washington ...
June 16, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Brevard NAACP president back in court over domestic violence case
The president of the North Brevard chapter of the NAACP was silent as he left a hearing in his domestic violence case Friday. William Gary is accused of choking his wife during an argument in their home earlier in June. Gary's wife called the situation a "misunderstanding" and asked a judge to lift a no-contact order, but the judge did not acquiesce. Instead the judge reserved his ruling until ...
June 14, 2013 - WFTV 9 Orlando
- Barney Frank in Chicago Tribune
We will not let this program die,Frank said, acknowledging that "if all else fails we will have to acquiesce" to the Senate.
- Michael Costa in Kangaroo Island Islander
You don't normally engage in conversations by threatening to launch intercontinental ballistic missiles, and it's not a way to produce a conversation because if you acquiesce in aberrant behavior, you simply encourage the repetition of it, which... John Bolton http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_R._Bolton&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGFdl7rd8fsXL4NN_GMYVtT3W11mg USA Today http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2006-06-21-NKorea-missile_x.htm%3FPOE%3DNEWISVA&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGUQXOpo6c_Bxb3EKZYg1ePTf_YJw Jun 21, 2006
929 1446 acquiescence I cannot in good conscience at this time attend an event, under the auspices of NSW ALP head office," Mr Costa wrote. "The NSW ALP head office machine, it appears with the acquiescence of its general secretary Karl Bitar and his mentors and...