- v cause to come to know personally
permit me to acquaint you with my son
- v make familiar or conversant with
you should acquaint yourself with your new computer
- v inform
Please acquaint your colleagues of your plans to move
- Meanwhile, at Washington's National Zoo another experiment was under way: scientists wanted to acquaint their rare golden lion tamarins with a facsimile of their natural habitat, a .
- To acquaint them with the experience of famine, their vegetarian diet was strictly rationed.
- One never knows whether a new fantasy series is worth investing the time it takes to acquaint oneself with a new world and its sprawling cast of characters, but Acacia shows every .
News & Articles
- St. Croix bridge featured at open house
Another St. Croix River bridge project open house will be held Tuesday from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at Stillwater Public Library, 224 Third St. N. It’s the latest meeting to acquaint the public with the massive project, which will take nearly four years to complete at an estimated cost of $670 million.
June 8, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Chris Pine in Wired News
I started watching the first season pretty feverishly,Pine said. "Just to kind of acquaint myself with the dynamic between the characters and the aesthetic. But I found myself midway through trying to create the perfect William Shatner...
- Abhishek Bachchan in Hindu
Terrible, terrible things are happening to this earth of ours and we want to use this platform to try to acquaint people about what it's about and what they can do,said Abhishek. "We're using this opportunity to spread the word."
- Pope Benedict XVI in Earthtimes (press release)
Only the Word of God can deeply change the heart of man, and it is thus important that individual believers and communities increasingly acquaint themselves with it,Benedict said.