- n the property of a more than adequate quantity or supply
an age of abundance
- n (physics) the ratio of the number of atoms of a specific isotope of an element to the total number of isotopes present
- n (chemistry) the ratio of the total mass of an element in the earth's crust to the total mass of the earth's crust; expressed as a percentage or in parts per million
- While President Truman was trying to cope with the food shortage at hand (see NATIONAL AFFAIRS), the Department of Agriculture planted the seed of a program to handle the abundance .
- Those same conditions have also created an abundance of plankton a cornucopia of nutrition that the shellfish have gorged on.
- It turns out that developing nations were divided into two parts: a traditional agricultural sector that had an abundance of labor but low wages and productivity; and a modern .
News & Articles
- Friends BBQ in Kiln to finance a new playground
KILN -- Barbecue, classic cars, live music and an abundance of shade trees on a sunny day brought out the community to support improvements to McLeod State Park on Saturday.
June 16, 2013 - The Biloxi Sun Herald
- Loran Smith: Those looking for bit hits swing and miss at Merion
ARDMORE, Pa. - The pretournament forecast was that Merion would be intimidated by the abundance of wedge shot opportunities.
June 16, 2013 - Athens Banner-Herald
- An Abundance Of Bad Decisions
Submitted by Charles Hugh-Smith of OfTwoMinds blog , Fostering illusions of prosperity only further cripples our ability to make the necessary difficult decisions. Have you ever noticed that the decisions made in times of abundance are generally bad? Bad might be too weak a word; catastrophically bad might be more accurate. This causal connection between abundance and flawed decision-making ...
June 13, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Brian Wansink in AFP
The last thousand years have witnessed dramatic increases in the production, availability, safety, abundance and affordability of food,said Brian Wansink, a professor of marketing and applied economics at Cornell University. "We think that...
- Michael Chertoff in Bloomberg
Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said the new US security measures will be deployed at airports and other mass transit facilities "in an abundance of caution during this holiday period."
- Aaron Hughes in SkySports
Hughes said "There are a lot of good players in the squad but what gives someone the edge is temperament and composure, Jonny has that in abundance. I am convinced he will be around for some time for Northern Ireland and Manchester United."