- r in an absurd manner or to an absurd degree
an absurdly rich young woman
- Minutes earlier, Apple CEO Steve Jobs unveiled the iPod Nano, the absurdly tiny, unbearably sexy successor to the iPod Mini.
- Granted he is (to put it delicately) an unusually hard-driving and successful businessman, but the Bill Gates of our imagination is absurdly overblown.
- In the late 1970s, it claimed, absurdly in retrospect, that the Soviet economy was two-thirds the size of America's.
- Rowan Williams in Afrique en ligne
Dr Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury, said: "I can't see any justification for this at all. I think that this is an absurdly disproportionate response to what is at best a minor cultural faux pas. And I think that it's done the Sudanese...
- Alonso Duralde in FOXNews
Reviewing the film for MSNBC, Alonso Duralde wrote that Bale's Batman in "Batman Begins" "sounded absurdly deep, like a 10-year-old putting on an `adult' voice to make prank phone calls. This time, Bale affects an eerie rasp, somewhat akin to Brenda...
- Iain Duncan Smith in WalesOnline
Mr Duncan Smith said: "Rehabilitation of offenders should be our top priority since so much of crime is committed by people recently released from jail. The monolithic and absurdly expensive wasteful NOMS system has been proved to be a complete...