- n someone who practices self denial as a spiritual discipline
- n a person who refrains from drinking intoxicating beverages
- Williams and his colleagues thought that the patient should remain a total abstainer.
- And while it is true that Republicans spent taxpayer dollars like drunken sailors when they controlled all three branches of government Chambliss was not a notable abstainer .
- He was a lifelong total abstainer, an ardent exponent of prohibition, co-discoverer with his father of "the best process for producing an unfermented and non-intoxicating .
News & Articles
- China & Crimea: Ideals And Reality, Glory And Dreams
Submitted by Yang Hengjun via The Diplomat , By abstaining on the UN vote on Crimea, China made a good choice. I wonder, is China the most frequent abstainer from UN Security Council votes? Earlier, when China’s international clout was lower, abstaining from voting was always interpreted as a sign of helplessness and a desire to avoid trouble. However, now that China has grown strong, the ...
March 30, 2014 - Zero Hedge