- r in an absentminded or preoccupied manner
- You get a quick message from a friend on Facebook, click on the link and absentmindedly log in to a website pretending to be Facebook.
- Standing at the blackboard before his class, he used absentmindedly to place five or six pieces of chalk on the back of his hand, toss them in the air and catch them all.
- One early salesman: England's waspish young man Colin (The Outsider) Wilson, who absentmindedly went off with a week's collections.
News & Articles
- Minority veterans face additional post-service issues
He still hears the screams, sees the agonizing facial expressions on his friends as they die, feels the blood splattering across his face. Absentmindedly, he starts to wipe away at the lenses of his glasses.
July 8, 2013 - Stars and Stripes
- Eric Carle in Earthtimes (press release)
Eric Carle commented, "I am delighted that for 40 years readers all over the world have enjoyed The Very Hungry Caterpillar, a story idea that came to me while I absentmindedly punched holes into a stack of papers. The story to me is one of hope, of...
- Dick Williams in MLB.com
That's right -- while talking about Ryan, I absentmindedly penciled him,Williams said.