- n an abraded area where the skin is torn or worn off
- n erosion by friction
- n the wearing down of rock particles by friction due to water or wind or ice
- Patrick spins highly abrasion-resistant yarn for military applications, moisture-absorption and -retention yarn for fiber-optic cables and antimicrobial yarn for water filtration.
- The REI Tech Beast ($215) is made of abrasion-, moisture- and tear-resistant ballistic nylon, and the wear points are reinforced with Hypalon patches to better bear rough-and .
- That would have caused an abrasion in the insulation and made possible the arc that ignited the blaze.
News & Articles
- Electric Vehicle Charging Cables will feature C-UL-US Mark.
Compliant to RoHS2 and suitable for wet location use, 300 and 600 V Next Gen EV Cables withstand temperatures of 105°C and feature cold temperature impact rating of -40°C. FT2 rated cables are non marking and offer resistance to abrasion, crush, oil, chemicals, UV, weld flash, and weld slag. Available in standard straight or retractile options, cables are suited for homes, public charging ...
June 14, 2013 - ThomasNet
- FDA approves new St. Jude heart devices that address previous problems
The company recalled earlier devices because leads were damaged by abrasion. New devices have special coating and new algorithm.
June 12, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Rick Perry in News Spoiler
At approximately 7:30 pm tonight Governor Perry broke his right collarbone and received a minor abrasion to his right elbow due to a mountain biking accident near his residence,a Rick Perry press office said in a statement.
- Rashid Latif in CricInfo.com
The SG ball is very different from the Kookaburra because it has high abrasion resistance and excellent shape retention,said Latif. "Its seam is also very thick and lifted. And our bowlers are very good at using cricket balls that remain...
- Stan Van Gundy in Brian Schmitz's Magic BasketBlog (blog)
Anthony has an abrasion, but it's half the size that it was, so it's healing well,Coach Stan Van Gundy said Wednesday.