- v be abundant or plentiful; exist in large quantities
- v be in a state of movement or action
The room abounded with screaming children
- Japan's undisputed tattoo sensei, Horiyoshi, is unimpressed with these amateurish scratchings that now abound.
- Unlike on eBay, the people selling stuff on Shop Goodwill often don't know what they've got, so great deals abound.
- Stories also abound of a drunken Kennedy making passes at women and, in one case, having sex with a woman lobbyist on the floor of a private room in La Brasserie.
News & Articles
- Majical Cloudz's 'Bugs Don't Buzz' Video Finds Grandeur in Cockroaches
Arthropods abound in the new video for "Bugs Don't Buzz," a deadly serious standout from Majical Cloudz's new album Impersonator ...
June 20, 2013 - Spin
- Avoid Summer Intern Horror
Tales abound of interns running amuck. From stealing to sex to overstaying their welcome, they can behave badly in surprising ways. Sometimes the misdeeds are malicious, but often they result from sheer ignorance and inexperience. Here are ways to keep your interns well-behaved.
June 19, 2013 - Forbes
- 5 Top Excuses (and 5 Top Fixes) for Paying Bills Late
Excuses abound for paying bills late, but none do you any good. We identify the top five and a way to overcome each one.
June 19, 2013 - CreditCards.com via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in istockAnalyst.com (press release)
The second company is Abound Solar Manufacturing, which will manufacture advanced solar panels at two new plants, creating more than 2,000 construction jobs and 1,500 permanent jobs,Obama said. "A Colorado plant is already under way, and...
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf in Independent Online
Difficulties remain, no doubt, trouble spots abound for sure, and many seek to discredit this process, but we have reached the threshold and there is no turning back from the irreversible transformation,Sirleaf said.