- Generally many people here abominate the corruption and tyranny of the communist, as well as dislike the “western democracy” which has been distorted and smeared, thanks to more than 60 years' brainwashing, threatening and slaughtering.
- They abominate the starched prosiness of the northern Haskell clan into which Sara marries, but they are game.
- There is little that Ding Dong does not abominate and only he is the worse for this attitude.
- George Mason in Antiwar.com
For instance, George Mason told the 1788 Virginia convention debating ratification of the US Constitution: "I abominate and detest the idea of a government, where there is a standing army."
- Toni Morrison in St. Petersburg Times
Serious as adultery is, it is not a national catastrophe,Morrison wrote at the time, nicely capturing the black mind-set. "Women leaving hotels following trysts with their extramarital lovers tell pollsters they abominate Mr. Clinton's...