- v find repugnant
She abhors cats
- George very candidly admitted that he abhors war but his country has been forced into an unpopular war.
- Farah abhors the intolerance of the people of her community and is the sole voice of sanity and maturity.
- Because shippers abhor uncertainty and the risk it entails, they have been paying the ransoms up to $2 million demanded by the pirates.
- Simon Byrne in Daily Times
We have sent out a powerful message to criminals who are responsible for the sorts of violent attacks the majority people of Greater Manchester rightly abhor,said Greater Manchester Police Deputy Chief Constable Simon Byrne. "All too...
- Tony Blair in The Age
We know that these people act in the name of Islam but we also know that the vast and overwhelming majority of Muslims here and abroad are decent and law abiding people who abhor terrorism every bit as much as we do,said Blair.
- Jill Carroll in CNN International
Saying she wants to be regarded as a journalist, not a hostage, Carroll said she would not engage in polemics against her kidnappers, "but let me be clear: I abhor all who kidnap and murder civilians, and my captors are clearly guilty of both...