economic system economic system
- (n) the system of production and distribution and consumption
- On the main cause -- the utter hopelessness of communism as an economic system -- both sides got it right in their hearts but somehow wrong in their heads.
- And only by playing hardball within the globalized economic system, he thinks, can developing nations grow.
- Capitalism may be the best economic system that man has come up with, but no one ever said it would create stability.
- To political scientists, China’s current economic system of trying to capture as much as possible of the world’s resources through state-directed industry can be difficult to characterize. Yet to the historian, China’s policy is evidently a mercantilist approach that has already been tried--and that briefly succeeded--under Louis XIV’s finance minister, Jean-Baptiste ...on July 21, 2013 Source: Boston Globe
- China is in big trouble, writes Paul Krugman. The country’s economic system, which has driven three decades of incredible growth, has reached its limits. It’s running out of surplus peasants.on July 20, 2013 Source: Seattle Times