circumscribed circumscribed /ˌsɜr kəm ˈskraɪbd/
- (adj) subject to limits or subjected to limits
- The hard-working and often besieged characters who populate his stories live in worlds partly defined, if not wholly circumscribed, by ideology and the state.
- Under the Kanun, the role of a woman is severely circumscribed: take care of children and maintain the home.
- Anthos Upstairs, Halfsteak, DFF and the lounge at Per Se are all lower-cost alternatives to higher-gloss productions, attached to or even circumscribed by brand-name hosts.
- "This is not a situation in which we are rifling through ordinary emails" of huge numbers of citizens in the United States or elsewhere, the president declared during a news conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel. He called it as a "circumscribed, narrow" surveillance program.on June 19, 2013 Source: The Oregonian
- President Obama assured an audience in Germany that America is not indiscriminately "rifling" through the emails of ordinary European citizens, describing the National Security Agency's surveillance programs as a "circumscribed" system that has averted threats in America, Germany, and elsewhere.on June 19, 2013 Source: CBS News
- He called it as a "circumscribed, narrow" surveillance program.on June 19, 2013 Source: Abilene Reporter-News
- "If, in order to get that passed, we have to compromise in terms of a careful, well thought-out drilling strategy that was carefully circumscribed to avoid significant environmental damage -- I don't want to be so rigid that we can't get something...on Aug 1, 2008 By: Barack Obama Source: Reuters UK
- "Before voluntarily placing our civilian facilities under IAEA safeguards, we will ensure that all restrictions on India have been lifted. Our autonomy of decision-making will not be circumscribed in any manner whatsoever," Dr Singh said.on Jul 29, 2005 By: Manmohan Singh Source: Financial Express
- "That mission has gone by the boards," Schlesinger said. "The nuclear deterrent role today is quite different, and it is much more circumscribed than it was in the days of the Cold War. However, it is no less important, despite the fact that...on Sep 15, 2008 By: James Schlesinger Source: Canada Free Press