bereaved bereaved /bə ˈrivd/
- (n) a person who has suffered the death of someone they loved
- (adj) sorrowful through loss or deprivation
- The bomb blast left scores of children orphaned and many mothers bereaved.
- A website was created for the bereaved families to share their grief and to encourage members to get on with their lives.
- The bereaved Japanese families after the tsunami tragedy were unbelievably stoic and resilient.
- Fans are eagerly awaiting the season premiere of Dexter's final season and wondering what the end may bring. For many fans they hope that Dexter will end with its two main characters alive, but it is highly unlikely . "Fans, they're going to feel very bereaved at the end I think," Charlotte Rampling who plays Dr. Evelyn Vogel, the psychopath whisperer said. One actor on the show, Jennifer ...on June 10, 2013 Source: Opposing Views
- "What happened on Bloody Sunday strengthened the Provisional IRA, increased (Irish) nationalist resentment and hostility towards the army, and exacerbated the violent conflict of the years that followed. Bloody Sunday was a tragedy for the bereaved...on Jun 15, 2010 By: Mark Saville, Baron Saville of Newdigate Source: The Associated Press
- Air Chief Marshal Stirrup said: "Our armed forces in Afghanistan have taken some very sad casualties over the last several days. We feel each loss keenly and our hearts go out to the bereaved families, to those who have been wounded and their loved...on Jul 10, 2009 By: Jock Stirrup Source: Telegraph.co.uk
- "I and our people cannot contain our feelings of huge shock and grief," Roh said during a news conference. "I pray for the souls of those killed and offer words of comfort from my heart for those injured, the bereaved families and the US...on Apr 17, 2007 By: President Roh Source: International Herald Tribune